– STEPHEN KROUT's 1-over 36 led Bismarck-Henning (161) past Westville (217) and Shiloh (240) at Harrison Park.
– Medalist BROCK PEAVLER shot 36 as Rantoul edged Centennial 181-183.
– ASHLEY TIELE was medalist with a 45 in Milford's loss to Iroquois West at Shagbark. CRYSTAL MEDINA shot 46 for the Raiders.
ARMSTRONG – Bob Bezely started teaching and coaching in the Armstrong school district in 1957. More than a half-century later, he remains active with the district as a bus driver. His lengthy tenure means one thing: He has seen hundreds and hundreds of athletes.
– TANNER GOSLIN had 10 saves for Champaign Central in a 2-0 shutout of visiting Bloomington. DINI MUHARREMI and JULIO ZACO scored for the Maroons.
– Medalist Amber Tsevelekos fired a 43 at North Greens to lead Blue Ridge to a 194-209 win against Olympia. Kristan Maxwell was second for the Knights with a 46.
– Medalist CHARLOTTE GOSS fired a 38 at Lake of the Woods to help Mahomet-Seymour defeat Centennial 184-195. The Chargers' Lizzy Dombroski shot 41.
– JARED ATHERTON's 39 helped Ridgeview to the team title at the Heyworth Invitational.
Landon Tolley, Senior, Paxton-Buckley-Loda, Football
Recently: Rushed for 149 yards and scored two TDs as the Panthers beat Iroquois West 29-8 to go above .500 for the first time in the past three years.
I can't wait to see ... "Last Exorcism."
I need tickets to ... Kenny Chesney.
DANVILLE — Football players on the state’s top-ranked class 6A football team are preparing for a Friday game just like they’ve done the past three weeks.
– ADAM BLACKMAN scored two goals and had an assist, leading Urbana to a 3-0 victory against visiting Charleston. JULIAN THRELKELD recorded three saves for the Tigers (5-1), who won their third in a row. MIGUEL FIERRO also scored for Urbana.
A look around the area prep scene:
– Salt Fork's MAT BOWEN fired a 1-under par 35 for medalist honors as the Storm beat Schlarman 160-238 at Blue Needles. Teammate DAVID KEENAN was second with a 36. Schlarman's JORDAN KING was third with a 43.