– EMILY SPANGLER of Gibson City-Melvin-Sibley shot an 84 to win medalist honors at the Heart of Illinois Conference meet at Weibring Golf Club in Normal. LeRoy won the team title thanks to an 86 from MOLLY MARCUM, who finished second.
– BEN DODDS and NATHANIEL KHACHATURIAN tied for second place, each shooting even-par 36 for St. Thomas More in a victory against Tri-Valley and Clinton at Stone Creek. STM's DEREK ROTH and Clinton's LOGAN WOOLRIDGE tied for fourth place at 37.
– Centennial swept the singles matches and got doubles wins from the tandems of ALLISON HANSEN/MARIA MEARS and ANNE McNAMARA/TAYLOR BAILEY in an 8-1 victory against Normal Community.
Steve Schroeder, Monticello, junior, Cross-country
Recently: Won the Spartan Classic in dominating fashion, finishing 3 miles in 14 minutes, 56 seconds. That was 15 seconds better than second place.
I need concert tickets to ... John Mayer.
I'm dying to see ... "Without Limits."
I'm always texting ... my dad.
– IAN PARK contributed to all four goals as Hoopeston Area/Bismarck-Henning downed Georgetown-Ridge Farm 4-0. Park had two goals and two assists for HA/B-H (10-4-1).
MATTOON – Austin Hunt and Peter Black finished second and third, respectively, leading Centennial to the team title Friday at the Trojan Fall Classic at Meadowview Golf Course.
Hunt (73) was 2 strokes behind medalist Michael Koester of Effingham St. Anthony. Black carded a 75 for the Chargers, who totaled 304 to win by 14 strokes.
– KATHERINE GRIMES had 13 assists and nine digs to lead Watseka to a 25-13, 25-20 victory against visiting Clifton Central.
– Centennial rolled to a 25-8, 25-6 victory against visiting Decatur Eisenhower behind LINDSAY ROGAN's 10 assists.
– EMILY SPANGLER (39) and KATIE SPANGLER (44) swept the top two spots for host Gibson City-Melvin-Sibley in a triangular win against LeRoy and Iroquois West.
– CHRIS WITTEMAN (39) and DAVID HOHULIN (44) led the GCMS boys to a win against Iroquois West and Fisher at Railside. Iroquois West's Kyle Pool was the medalist with a 37.