DANVILLE — Football players on the state’s top-ranked class 6A football team are preparing for a Friday game just like they’ve done the past three weeks.
– ADAM BLACKMAN scored two goals and had an assist, leading Urbana to a 3-0 victory against visiting Charleston. JULIAN THRELKELD recorded three saves for the Tigers (5-1), who won their third in a row. MIGUEL FIERRO also scored for Urbana.
A look around the area prep scene:
– Salt Fork's MAT BOWEN fired a 1-under par 35 for medalist honors as the Storm beat Schlarman 160-238 at Blue Needles. Teammate DAVID KEENAN was second with a 36. Schlarman's JORDAN KING was third with a 43.
John Tabb, Senior, St. Thomas More soccer
Recently: Set a school record with four goals against St. Joseph-Ogden. He helped the Sabers win the SVC tournament by scoring twice against Clifton Central and once against Watseka.
I need concert tickets to ... B.o.B.
If I had a million dollars, I'd ... go on a cruise around the world.
– St. Thomas More clinched the title of the Sangamon Valley Conference tournament with a lightning-halted 3-0 victory against Clifton Central on Thursday at Gilman.
CHARLESTON – It's not how you start but how you finish. That's one of the many lessons learned by Rantoul on Saturday night.
– LINDSEY TROIKE had seven kills and KELSEY CLELAND chipped in four aces as Tuscola beat visiting Arthur 25-12, 25-20. MACKENZIE SEIP contributed three kills, and SAM KOHLBECKER had 12 assists.
– Centennial opened its season with a 25-21, 25-22 loss at Lincoln.
– LONNIE BARNES' second-half goal – his second of the match – lifted Centennial to a 2-2 tie against host Hoopeston Area. ANDY DRACKLEY finished with nine saves for the Chargers. BROCK RAMOS and MATT BENJAMIN scored for the Cornjerkers.
TUSCOLA – Stan Wienke hasn't had time to decorate his office yet, but a few mementos still grace the walls of the space he once called his own for five years.