Steve Schroeder, Monticello, junior, Cross-country
Recently: Won the Spartan Classic in dominating fashion, finishing 3 miles in 14 minutes, 56 seconds. That was 15 seconds better than second place.
I need concert tickets to ... John Mayer.
I'm dying to see ... "Without Limits."
I'm always texting ... my dad.
– IAN PARK contributed to all four goals as Hoopeston Area/Bismarck-Henning downed Georgetown-Ridge Farm 4-0. Park had two goals and two assists for HA/B-H (10-4-1).
MATTOON – Austin Hunt and Peter Black finished second and third, respectively, leading Centennial to the team title Friday at the Trojan Fall Classic at Meadowview Golf Course.
Hunt (73) was 2 strokes behind medalist Michael Koester of Effingham St. Anthony. Black carded a 75 for the Chargers, who totaled 304 to win by 14 strokes.
– KATHERINE GRIMES had 13 assists and nine digs to lead Watseka to a 25-13, 25-20 victory against visiting Clifton Central.
– Centennial rolled to a 25-8, 25-6 victory against visiting Decatur Eisenhower behind LINDSAY ROGAN's 10 assists.
– EMILY SPANGLER (39) and KATIE SPANGLER (44) swept the top two spots for host Gibson City-Melvin-Sibley in a triangular win against LeRoy and Iroquois West.
– CHRIS WITTEMAN (39) and DAVID HOHULIN (44) led the GCMS boys to a win against Iroquois West and Fisher at Railside. Iroquois West's Kyle Pool was the medalist with a 37.
– ABBY ARMSTRONG had 10 kills in Buckley Christ Lutheran's 25-22, 24-26, 25-20 victory against Urbana Uni High. JAMIE BLUE had 10 kills for the Illineks.
– Centennial improved to 15-1 with a 25-12, 25-15 victory against Mattoon. MORGAN LEACH had eight kills, KELLY WACHTEL added four and LINDSAY ROGAN added 11 assists.
URBANA – The names are ones of multi-sport Urbana High athletes from nearly a quarter of a century ago: Kirk Mammen, Mark Mammen and Dave Williams.
The individuals are ones, however, who are still prominent in the sporting community.
They might be more recognizable by their stage names as SuperDome, Tanglefoot Jones and Six-burgh.
Mason Silver. Senior, St. Joseph-Ogden, Golf
Recently: Shot a 72 and placed second in the 22-team Pekin Golf Invitational. He competed as an individual because SJ-O doesn't have a team.
I need tickets to ... Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan.
If I had a million dollars, I'd ... buy land with a lake and woods on it.
– STEPHEN KROUT's 1-over 36 led Bismarck-Henning (161) past Westville (217) and Shiloh (240) at Harrison Park.
– Medalist BROCK PEAVLER shot 36 as Rantoul edged Centennial 181-183.
– ASHLEY TIELE was medalist with a 45 in Milford's loss to Iroquois West at Shagbark. CRYSTAL MEDINA shot 46 for the Raiders.