Any updates on the Prospect Avenue strip mall?
Sounds like two of the three suites on this “vanilla box” strip mall may soon be filled up.
“At the moment, we have the Chelsea’s and an African grocery store that’s supposed to be coming in,” said Kishan Patel, partner at 1413 Prospect Property LLC. “We’re 99 percent sure (the store) is going to move in there.”
The property at 1413 N. Prospect Ave., just north of the Captain D’s, was sold to the owning group last year.
It’s the former site of Danville Gardens Too, a Champaign outgrowth of the Vermilion County business that opened in 2006.
“We just broke it down, redid it all and basically started a new development,” Patel said.
The video-gambling facility should be coming soon: The LLC hopes to move the Chelsea’s it owns at Pioneer Plaza on Bloomington Road into the strip mall suite by August, Patel said.
Find a local business
- Teen with loaded gun sentenced to juvenile prison
- Trump Organization CFO pleads guilty in tax evasion case
- Saudi doctoral student gets 34 years in prison for tweets
- Ukraine's Zelenskyy hosts talks with UN chief, Turkey leader
- A look at the world's skinniest skyscraper: Steinway Tower
- B1G deal: Big Ten lands $7 billion, NFL-style TV contracts
- Federal study: New climate law to slice carbon pollution 40%
- New Big Ten media rights deal worth billions
- Big Ten's whopper of a TV deal worth a closer look
- Coroner: Lake Michigan body is that of missing Chicago man
- Tuscola High principal on administrative leave; superintendent to step in for now
- UI instructor arrested in native Pakistan on charges of sedition
- FIRST LOOK: Renovated Champaign Central High School
- Tom's #Mailbag, Aug. 12, 2022
- Good Morning, Illini Nation: Unique opportunity for Nojus Indrusaitis
- Two injured by bullets fired into a large crowd in north Champaign
- On tap: Restoration of downtown Champaign buildings
- One year later: Popular Gibson City stop thankful for support
- Champaign man with gun in car charged
- Unit 4 board signs off on superintendent's $125,000 professional development pitch