PHOTO GALLERY: IHSA boys' state track, Day 1
Dozens of area stars were in action on Day 1 of the IHSA boys' state track and field meet at Eastern Illinois University in Charleston.
Robin Scholz is photo editor at The News-Gazette.
As featured on
Salt Fork's Garrett Taylor and Arcola's Mitchel Myers rank 1-2 in shot put and discus entering Saturdsay's finals, while Tuscola's Chris Boyd holds down the No. 3 spot in shot put.
The Judah Christian senior brushed off disqualification in his first event of Thursday's Class 1A prelims to post blistering times in his other three ventures.
Centennial’s Daniel Lacy is the Class 3A state champion in the 100, 200 and 400, while Salt Fork won its second straight team state title in 1A
- DeSantis signs Bible, Pence hops on motorcycle at 'Roast and Ride' rally in Iowa
- Honeybee health blooms at federal facilities across the country
- Ukraine says inspections found nearly a quarter of its air-raid shelters locked or unusable
- Name Dropping | God had a different schedule for Parkland admin's book
- Biden signs debt ceiling bill that pulls US back from brink of unprecedented default
- Key suspect in Natalee Holloway's case moved to new prison ahead of extradition to US
- Already a subscriber? Click the image on the left to view the latest e-edition.
- Don't have a subscription? Click here to see our subscription options.
e-Edition & App Help
News in your Inbox
Find a local business
- Illini land transfer point guard
- Asmussen | Big men on campus? That'd be Terrence Shannon Jr. and Coleman Hawkins
- Unruly swimming pool users banned for season
- Hawkins: 'I felt a little more comfortable coming back to school'
- Urbana woman who admitted long-term abuse of her daughter gets 20 years
- Illinois basketball offseason 101
- Champaign County Forest Preserve District says this year's Freedom Fest will be the last
- UPDATE: Community mourning loss of GCMS student in single-vehicle accident
- Hawkins, Shannon returning to Illinois
- How does this starting five sound?