For information about services available to older adults, contact Pam Jacobsen, director of the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program and Helen Mary Stevick Senior Citizens Center, 2102 Windsor Place, C, at 217-359-6500. RSVP and the Stevick Center are administered by Family Service of Champaign County.
- Valentines supplies. RSVP is in need of arts and crafts to send out valentines. Cardstock, new and old valentine cards, items pertaining to Valentine’s Day. We will be making the valentines at a later date. If you have any questions, please contact Vicky at email@example.com or Robbie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-359-6500.
STEVICK CENTER ACTIVITIES
- Knit or crochet for those in need: 10 a.m. to noon Mondays.
- Meditative Movement with Yoga: 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Bingo: 11 a.m. to noon, second and fourth Tuesdays. Call 217-359-6500.
- Bridge: Noon to 3 p.m. Thursdays. Looking for players; call Debbie at 217-359-6500 to get more information.
- Euchre: Noon to 3 p.m. Fridays.
- Men’s group: 9 a.m. Monday-Friday. Join us for a cup of coffee and great conversation.
HOT LUNCH PROGRAM
The Peace Meal Nutrition Program provides daily hot lunches at 11:30 a.m. for a small donation and a one-day advance reservation at sites in Champaign, Urbana, Rantoul, Sidney (home delivery only), Mahomet (home delivery only) and Homer.
For reservations, call 800-543-1770. Reservations for Monday must be made by noon Friday. NOTE: There is no change for home deliveries, but at congregate sites, you can get a carry-out meal.
- Monday: Closed for Christmas holiday.
- Tuesday: Chicken pot pie with mixed vegetables, zucchini bake, Mandarin oranges, biscuit.
- Wednesday: Taco salad with beans, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream and taco sauce, tropical fruit blend, taco chips.
- Thursday: Saucy riblet sandwich, au gratin potatoes, Brussels sprouts, blushing pears, bun.
- Friday: Mostaccioli, Italian green beans, mixed-greens salad with dressing, warm fruit compote, whole-grain wheat bread.
If you want to volunteer, RSVP (funded by AmeriCorps Seniors and the Illinois Department on Aging) provides a unique link to local nonprofits needing help. We offer support, benefits and a safe connection to partner sites. Contact Vicky Welser at email@example.com or 217-359-6500.
Senior Volunteers. RSVP of Champaign, Douglas and Piatt counties/AmeriCorps Senior Volunteers is your link to over 100 nonprofit organizations. Please contact Vicki Welser at firstname.lastname@example.org or Robbie Edwards at email@example.com or call 217-359-6500.