On Tuesdays, we'll introduce the kids behind "High School Confidential." Today: St. Joseph-Ogden's Kenzie Pence, a 17-year-old senior who is as good at softball as she is on social media.
On Thursday, the Illinois State recruit will take over The News-Gazette's Snapchat account to give us a tour of SJ-O on a school day. Follow along at 'news-gazette.'
Here's more on Kenzie:
Hometown: St. Joseph
On Twitter: @_kenziepence
On Instagram: @kenziepence
Favorite thing about SJ-O is ... How everyone strives to be excellent in and out of the classroom.
Next year I’ll be ... playing softball at Illinois State.
In 10 years I’ll be ... running my mom’s business, Kendra Pence Photography.
What was trending last week at news-gazette.com, which in a seven-day period ending Sunday saw 1,153,098 page views:
1. Driver in fatal I-74 motorcycle crash identified
2. Verdict's in: Jury finds Patton guilty of first-degree murder
3. Jones: UI not part of bribery scandal
TOP SPORTS STORIES
1. Lovie: 'Something is wrong'
2. Underwood's former assistant arrested on federal corruption charges
3. Illini freshman quarterback suspended
1. Underwood: 'Put pieces of the puzzle together'
2. Game of the Week: Monticello-Unity football
3. Smith: 'Not getting the job done'
TOP PHOTO GALLERIES
1. Forty Under 40 Luncheon 2017
2. Fisher Homecoming Parade 2017
3. UI Football vs. Nebraska
Tips? Email Jim Rossow at email@example.com.